Frank A. Comer, PE
Founder / Owner of PST Engineering, Professional Engineer- Civil/Structural engineering consulting firm specializing in forensic investigations and repair/mitigation design of small-to-mid-sized residential/commercial buildings and drainage investigations and drainage correction design projects as well. The company was built on residential and commercial building construction inspections (during and after construction) providing the mainstay service to our clientele. Water leak investigations and other construction related forensic investigations have been a specialty for many years as the owner, Frank A. Comer, PE, began his career as an insurance adjuster and built on his knowledge of construction materials while working in construction and materials testing for a local materials testing laboratory under the late Dr. Roy J. Leondard, PE (a respected and tenured professor at KU and local engineering firm business owner). Services are provided for single and multifamily buildings, small to mid-sized commercial buildings, large commercial building elements and systems, parking garages, various structural elements whether they are concrete, wood, metals or composite materials. A diverse experience in construction inspections/special inspections services and residential/commercial inspections for property owners/buyers, forensic engineering and special investigations with regard to defect, damage and loss mitigation and repair/correction, project management both commercial and residential, damage assessment and investigations of many kinds has afforded Frank Comer the experience necessary to provide independent third-party consulting for insurance companies and/or insured’s and expert witness consulting services for plaintiffs and defendants (commercial and residential projects) and/or their legal representatives.
- Business Development Director: Company sales and marketing director.
- Structural design of a variety of different sized steel, concrete and wood structures and foundations. Provide structural design review of homes and commercial buildings – structural elements, slabs, foundations, diaphragm, and retaining walls.
- Environmental Services – Radon and Mold inspections and investigations. Qualified environmental professional. Providing EQ, RSRA, TSA and Phase I ESAs to business owners, property owners and purchasers and lending institutions.
- Expert witness testimony, third party arbitration, negotiations – expert communicator working toward conflict resolution at all levels for all parties – opinions and/or recommendations provided on:
- Roof Damage/Installation issues
- Termite damage assessment
- Impact damage assessment – vehicles, trees, equipment loads, building contents
- Water infiltration locating and damage assessment
- Hail damage assessment
- Foundation damage assessment – horizontal and vertical movement assessment
- Product and Construction defects assessment
- Engineer’s estimate of damage repair costs and/or Reserve study analyses
Inspections of homes and commercial buildings – construction consultant. Inspected and/or provided structural design recommendations or drawings for 7,000+ homes/businesses since 1999
Insured and qualified or licensed (where required) for above services (MO PE – 29841, KS PE – 16166)
Academic Education: Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering – May 1994, University of Missouri – Kansas City
Specialization: Civil Engineering, Construction Materials and Project Management
Memberships: ICC, ASCE, KCASA, PC EDC, CC EDC, G COC – others upon request
Professional Education, OJT & Certifications: OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPR, Professional Estimating School, Troxler Soil Testing, ACI Concrete Testing, Haag School of Roofing, ASCE Phase I ESA, Geotechnical Soil Testing – others upon request